View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Don't get power pro, there are a lot better braids on the market.

Straight from Charkbaits website

Power Pro - We are discontinuing this line based upon several factors. First, customer feedback which has been increasingly negative - probably more a factor of recognition that there are better products now on the market. Secondly, Power Pro has not kept up with newer innovations, contrast that with Cortland and Jerry Brown. And, finally, these guys are now owned by a nameless bike company which we don't support. To further understanding, we now have been led to understand that Power Pro will now move production overseas, using an inferior Spectra copy. They'll try to belatedly jump on Jerry Brown's innovations of hollow core, with a knock-off product. No innovation, just parasitic marketing. Nope, we won't stock the stuff, and suggest to our clients that their money is better spent with those firms that offer true innovation.

All due respect those who disagree, but Power Pro is certainly one of the best spectras out there for 99% of the type of fishing we do. I'll take a flat spectra over a round one any day for cutting through the lettuce.

In my humble opinion, and at the risk of both threadjacking and opening a can of worms, this hit piece from Charkbait seems reeking of venom. Instead of, "We will no longer be stocking PowerPro." They go out of their way to slam them repeatedly. Overseas??? Well then, are they going to keep stocking other "overseas" company's products? Kinda hypocritical, is it not? Let's be honest for a second, since we are talking about "knock offs" and "overseas"...

Shouldn't they be talking about how Okuma (an overseas company) straight up incorporated everything in the Tiburon reels so that they could finally make a reel worth a shit? Where's the outrage from Charkbait on that? Oh, yes, I get it... Charkbait makes more money selling those reels than shitty old Power Pro. Oh, let's not forget all the Chinese Penns that they sell as well.

And the whole JB spectra comment? Hmmm, hasn't pretty much everyone copied JB's hollow to a certain degree? Don't get me wrong, JB is about the best overall spectra money can buy, but PowerPro does have it's place, whether Charkbait likes it or quite venomously doesn't. And that place is in the kelp, sawing through stringers more effortlessly than anything else currently on the market.

Will PowerPro keep making a decent (in my opinion) product or not? That remains to be seen. But for Charkbait to go out of their way to flame them in this manner I guess most of us will never know.
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote