View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisgirl54 View Post
Well we went out on Saturday at Cabrillo beach. It was my first dark launch and my 3rd trip on my kayak. Hubby had the Gopro (was hoping he wasnt taping me) he went to the bait barge to get us some bait. He comes back with sardines that was really big any bigger and I would think they was baby mackerel. Turned on bait tank and boy i had a big surprise my feet and butt got soaked. i didnt know I had to take the plug out of the bottom of the tank thought it would recycle thru the side boy was I ever wrong lol. So to finish out the day it got real choppy out there and boats flying by and tossing me around like a rag doll I told hubby lets call it a day I am wet and cold. So the fish won that day. Fish 1 me 0
I was out there as well that day. I believe I was the only other yak fisherman out there besides your group. I spoke with your husband right before I hit the barge. Got hit real hard but whatever it was let go. I immediately dropped the line again and it started peeling line off. I'm not sure if the booger cut my line or if I tightened the drag too much but the line was cut right above the hook. The rest of the day was real slow and cold. Got bumped out my more favorite fishing spots by the coast guard. Got surveyed by a dfg when I landed.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote