View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Cbad Mike

1 BIG Fish = 3 Lollipops

Launched yesterday (Saturday) from LJ at 10:30 to easy surf and a blue sky.

Hit the edge of the kelp and dropped down a dead squid and up popped an 11 inch Mackerel. I pinned the Mackerel on and let it go to the bottom. Within the time it took to put another dead squid on my other rod I got a hit, correction...a BIG hit.

The sleigh ride lasted about 15 minutes. My Penn Jig Master was pushed to the limit and I was feeling it in my arms pretty good. It felt like I was trying to reel in a bag of cement with head shakes.

It was about this time that sdfishin..alex, Drake, and RobFish cruised up to see what was going on and offer help if I needed it. When the fish came to the surface I couldnt believe how big it was. It definitely was my personal best for size and weight. It was a BIG, and my first Giant Sea Bass.
It was hooked in the corner of its mouth and simple to release. Drake helped me flip it over a few times to get it swimming and after working on it 5 minutes on the surface it turned and slowly swam away.
Thanks Drake for 1st holding the camera and then helping me get that beast swimming again. Thanks RobFish for the 3 lollipops which in my opinion were well deserved . I usually fish alone just because I go during the week so it was good meeting you guys and its always good to see Rob Fish especially now that I know he hands out candy for hooked fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapshot 5 (11-25-2012 4-52 PM).jpg (54.9 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg Giant Sea Bass1 11-24-12.jpg (78.2 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot 3 (11-25-2012 4-05 PM).jpg (77.3 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot 2 (11-25-2012 3-46 PM).jpg (24.2 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 11-25-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: This should be under REPORTS.... SORRY
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote