View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

SD Open Bay Bass Tourney

I fished the Open Bay Bass tournament today as well as many other. The day started out great, forgive me for not having photos I couldn't find my waterproof camera this morning.

Woke up at 2:30 A.M. to load up and gather items for a Potluck breakfast. I made Chorizo and eggs and they were great. Launched at 6:15 and paddled toward mark 20. Took me about 15 minutes to get there with the tide moving with me. Once there I dropped 4 baits down, kind of tough from a Kayak but you gotta have baits in the water to catch fish. Within minutes I hooked up a 13" Spotty, minutes later same bait,12" Sandy, and again a 13" Spotty. I then picked up a Juvenile Black Sea Bass, first time ever catching one. Obviously I let it go, no photos taken. The bite died for me at that spot so I moved around. I ended up the day with a short Halibut, 2 Macs, and 1 lizard. That weather wasn't too bad, sure it was foggy and ugly all day but otherwise not too bad. Can't wait until next year. I love fishing this tournament.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote