View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Lipripper92592

Cable and link can both be cut, but make it as hard as possible to steal. Run the largest link you can through the scuppers, then with the largest padlock you can afford lock it to the closed end tie downs in the bed of the truck. If you don't have the closed tied downs, mount a hefty U bolt in the bed, then mangle up the threads, or it you have a welder, throw a few tack welds on it. Double lock it, seperate chains, seperate locking positions. Over night a thief can come back multipe times to get the right tools to cut it, just make it take as long as possible. Years ago up at Big Bear we got our snow boards stolen in the parking lot of Burger king. My board was the only one that did not get stolen. The leash had fallen into the door,and with the door shut and locked, they left it hanging, guess they didn't have a knife or cutting tool, but maybe that few seconds it would have taken to cut made the risk too great. I had a motorcycle stolen that had a fat cable lock on it, I think they took a vice to the lock and crushed it. I load my PA the night before I head out, it's parked on the street, double linked lock, through the scuppers and the factory rails on my jeep, nice large link chain for all to see. You can sleep at ease knowing it will still be there in the morning, enjoy your trip and rip some lips.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote