Thread: 6/30 tea time
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
madscientist

6/30 tea time

While helping a friend with a decent yak sized T another came up and started hitting bait. Then it charged and came completely up on plane. 60-80lb shark was scooting across the water like it was flying. One of the coolest things I have ever seen on the water. Gave Adi some baits and we all know what he did with it. Couldn't repeat his success so I fired up the grill. Just as the dogs were almost done, I get hooked up.

Handed off the grill but eventually it was a self release of a 40-60ish T at boatside when the tail cut the spectra above the leader. We saw some spectacular aerial displays and some other funny events. One just hung on to a mac I was reeling in, banged in to the boat and still hung on till I jerked it out of his mouth, and another went 4ft straight up before popping off. Great way to spend a beautiful Saturday.

Tried again today after a late launch but the water was all messed up and the fish were a no show for me.

BTW, the shark in the first pic was released after we got Kurt to tie a line to his yak and tow us so we could get water across the gills.