View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divad View Post
The Pro Angler is a spacious comfortable platform, but more weight to haul and slower in the water. The Outback is a good stable platform, less room but lighter and faster than the Pro Angler. But what do you want? Speed for the long peddle / paddle, Stable platform to keep from rolling over, space on deck for all of your toys? The best thing is to Demo each of the kayaks at one of the many shops that are located near the water. Or rent one for the day.
X2
What he said. I just picked up my new Outback from Andy yesterday and added so much stuff it almost cost me the same as a PA 14 but I gave myself a HOBIE bait tank with the 3 standard rod holders, plus a pair of 16" YakAttack gear tracks, a RAM wedge fly rod mount. 2 Scotty YakAttack adapters for the fly rod holders, an 8" deep gear container (just in case), a YakAttack panfish extender and a Scotty arm extender with the new bait board mounted to it (for pliers, bait knives etc.). I figure with all this stuff I leave myself all sorts of room in the front & back hatches and under the gear bucket.
So I have all sorts of deck room with all the accessories I have mounted out of the way. Plus if I can get those HOBIE pins mounted on my Seairsports Pacific angler seat I'll have 2 more rod holders and a small gear pouch for my splash jacket.
WooooooHoooooooo........ Can't wait to try it out!!!
FFY.
SEE YOU GUYS ON THE WATER SOON!!! I'll try to posts some pick after I get it off my rack (Ford Escape) and mount the accessories so you guys will have a good idea of how I set mine up.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote