View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Am I wrong, or is there something more to these cells than just placing the right combination of them in series and parallel in order to get your required voltage and Ahs? All the cells seem to have a different discharge rate. At our usage, does that even matter?
For the most part setting up these battery's are simple. Pretty much you use whatever combination you need to get the required volts and ah and what little power our fish finders and bait tanks use isn't enough to really matter since it really isn't much power.
From what I see others have posted a bait tank uses 0.25ah at 6v but if you use 2 cells like this http://www.batteryspace.com/LiFePO4-...3.4-screw.aspx
These are capable of 160ah discharge continuously so that bait tank pump pulling 0.25ah is nothing compared to what it can supply. Most high end brand LiFePo4 battery's are around 10C rating so they will supply more than enough current to run out stuff. And that is why my 100ah LifePo4 battery is so use full, I have used it to jump start cars twice since it has 1000ah discharge rate, I just need to make a waterproof case so when I finally put it on the yak I don't risk shocking myself with all that current...

Last edited by danjor; 05-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote