View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Lobster Gear. (Too Early)

After 3 years of trying and netting over a thousand shorts and about a dozen legals, I've decided that hooping from a yak just isn't much fun, and at age 66 I have finally discovered that if it ain't fun, you gotta stop doing it.

To that end, I am unloading all of my lobster gear.

What I basically is 4 of the 30" Promar Ambush hoopnets. Two are about a year old. One is about 2 years old and the other is undetermined, as I snagged it while fishing in May of 2012. All have bridles and floats. All have about 50 ft of rope and large floats, while I have just moved and have been unable to locate the 4th rope and float. I may or may not have it when I sell them.

Also included are 7 bait caged of various shapes and sizes. Some home made and some retail purchases. Two were purchased at the end of last season and never used.

I'll also include various lengths of rope that can be used if you choose to hoop in water deeper than 50 feet. (good luck with that)

I'll sell the whole package for $80. A great deal even if I don't find the 4th float.

SAM_1511.jpg

SAM_1517.jpg
SAM_1518.jpg
SAM_1520.jpg
I've got a couple other items that are taking up space that I'd like to unload..

First is a home made PVC bait tube. 4" PVC about 30 inches long. $10.

Next I have a couple bamboo gaffs that I made and never used. They are between 40 and 44 inches long. I'll sell them both for $25.

SAM_1525.jpg
SAM_1526.jpg
SAM_1527.jpg
SAM_1528.jpg

PM me of give me a call at 949-306-2581 if you have any questions.

I live in Mission Viejo
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote