Thread: anyone we know?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
FISHIONADO

I didn't always wear my PFD. Last August I was fishing by myself near Blacks, I started feeling really tired, then blacked out briefly and flipped and fell into the water. Fortunately the water woke me up and I was able to get back on my kayak and gather all my stuff. I felt weak paddling back to the launch but by the next day I felt 100%. I figured I had some kind of virus the previous day but I started wearing my PFD constantly after that. I had another dizzy spell in September with heartburn. Had it checked out and ended up getting quad bypass heart surgery. I was in the best shape of my life, riding a bicycle 200 miles per week, surfing, kayaking, etc. I'm not preaching but I wear that PFD all the time now.

Rode 85 miles this past Sunday, from Solana Beach through Del Dios, Escondido, Valley Center, Bonsall, Fallbrook, Oceanside, etc. Thats pretty good for less than 12 months after quad bypass, huh? If you see us riding on Sunday's give us a friendly honk, we have red jerseys with Qualcomm printed all over them.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote