View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

Lj fish report for 10-8-13

Didn't make a launch til about 8am. First time I had ever been to la jolla during the week, it was really nice. Fishing, not too great. The wind actually stayed down for the most part. On the way out saw pod of porpoise inside the mlpa heading out and thought it could be a good sign. The lobster boats chopping up the kelp beds make it a pain to peddle a hobie through. Bait was abundant. Caught plenty of greenbacks and a couple Spanish. Had one on a dropper loop in about 80 ft of water, and something BIG broke me off (25 flouro leader) maybe you guys can help me with this question? Would a seal be feeding 80 ft down or was it something else. Had a couple good size calicos follow my 9 " swimbait to the kayak but didn't pick it up. Also LOTS of señorita bait fish. Was gonna put one on a dropper because they were eating my sabiki , but through most back in the water. Was out til 3 pm til my buddy was getting a little sick so headed in. Oh and lots of rockfish out there . And the rock piles are easy to find just look for about 20 white bouys bunched in a group.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote