Thread: 8/30/07
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

8/30/07

Well headed north hoping for flatness.......and well technically I found it....albeit extremely small flatness....

couldn't make bait at the pier or north of the pier to save my life, I made exactly one piece which got picked up by a cormorant and destroyed,so finally resigned myself to going to the kelp around 9ish. Made 2 quick spanish and trolled around all por nada...then I see the dolphin coming on over and I am just thinking it isn't gonna be a good scene.....well holy shnikees!!!!

The Capt. eased his boat in so damn gently I could barely feel his wake, then, then, then, one of his deckys offers to give me some bait?! By far my coolest experience with the dolphin yet!!! The Capt. saw me taking pics and took some back in return, probably thinking I was gonna bash him on a forum, well I gotta say "Thanks Man!" awfully nice of you boys to offer some bait. I said "thanks, I'm okay to the bait" but pretty damn cool offer. Ran into Gary Sullivan, who passed me one of his baits, thanks Gary and thanks for the jimijig too, I will be giving it a try tomorrow for sure! Well fished a while longer all for nothing! Maybe tomorrow....
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote