Thread: Karma Reload
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Karma Reload

Back in August I was honored along with Andy at OEX to pass along my well used Prowler 13 to one of our local heroes. Through the process I was able to meet and talk to many of America's Finest who frequent this board, and am happy to say that Karma is real and available to everyone.
To that end, I have some stuff I'd like to give away to another man or woman currently actively serving out county in any branch of service.

Here's what I have:

IMG_0870.jpg

Left to right:

Shimano TLD Star 15/30 S

This reel is used but not in the past 5 years. Drags and bearings and in great shape and I would have no reservations in putting it back on one of my rods and using it again. No line on the reel.

Abu Garcia Ambassaduer 10000C

I don't know the history of this reel because I found it while "dumpster diving" at the storage facility where I work. I can tell you that it is in great shape and I took it apart and lubed it and it is very smooth and the drags and bearings are in perfect shape. A little boat rash. Loaded with what I think is 30 LB mono, maybe 25 LB. I personally would change the mono out because I don't know how old it it.

Penn Jigmaster 500S

This is another "dumpster diving " find. It comes with box, tools and paperwork. This reel appears to be brand new and unused, but probably more than a few years old. The tag on the box indicates that it was purchased at Gemco and I suspect most people reading this don't even remember Gemco, but they have been out of business for quite a while. I don't know when Penn stopped selling these or maybe they still do sell it, but it was an absolutely bulletproof workhorse for years and years. It has some 30 LB mono on it but I'd change it out.

In the middle is a bamboo gaff that I built and never used. I'd like someone to break it's maiden.

This is all very functional old school stuff that certainly does not have the castability of the modern reels but for jigging, trolling, or dropper loop fishing, they can handle anything you might run into in our local waters.

So here's the deal. If you are an active service member and can get to Mission Viejo in the next few days to pick this stuff, contact me via PM or call or text me at 949-636-8666. The only stipulation is that whoever takes it, does not sell it, but as long as it's useful, pass it along to another service member starting out in this great sport.

The Rossman
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote