View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #10
momo fish

I had same orginal bias view many others have till I made a trip to BOLA last October.. I stopped trying to convince people who have not gone or had one bad experience.. Lost cause.. My first trip to big sur was horrible and my campsite was robbed.. Doesn't mean I stopped going..

I love Baja and all my friends who went with me (8 of us) already planning trips this year.. Only bad/funny part was at a checkpoint around midnight the head guy kept flirting with one of the girls.. She ended up giving him a fake number.. Funnier part was we saw him again on way back but she hid under seat.. Lesson learn, hide your boobs at midnight when at a military checkpoint.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I've driven to San Quintin alone a few times, there really is nothing to worry about. One suggestion that I can make is to try and keep your money and your passport on you when driving, especially when you arrive at military check points. Also, having a cooler full of drinks(soda, water,etc.) in car/truck can help you when you're getting checked at the military check point. Whenever I drive into Baja I'm usually more worried than scared; worried about getting a flat or a belt breaking but that's about it.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote