View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I say if it's water tight, get it. You will probably find it to be slow, and track like a bathtub. You will most definitely want to upgrade in the near future, but in the meantime you can fish the lakes and bays and get your beak wet. Put it up on Craigslist for 300 and fish off of it while saving your money for what you want. You will for sure at a minimum get your money back out of the deal. Especially a few months from now when the water starts to warm up. 1 suggesting is to not load up on every piece of fishing gear you own until you learn your kayaks specific limitations. At least until you get used to paddling around. The last think you want to do is roll your kayak with all your gear.

And for the record, i was so anxious to gget on the water when i first decided i wanted to do this, i went and bought a seyvlor inflatable kayak and fished it in the harbor becausei couldn't afford anything else. I must have been a sight.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21

Last edited by William Novotny; 02-07-2014 at 03:30 PM.
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote