View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I know there allot of guys on here with much more experience than me, but I can reiterate a few things that have been passed on to me.

Tides are the most important thing to watch in my opinion. They can mean the difference between a skunk and a wide open bite. As stated above the best times for me have been the hour before and hour following peak high tide, the bigger the tide swing, the better. Cast up current because most predatory fish ambush prey and position themselves to pounce on bait moving with the current.

I honestly feel like confidence is more important than color. If you know you have caught fish in a specific color you will probably catch again. I always fish my confidence baits first until I get a strike so I can gage what retrieve they are responding to, then I'll start playing with different colors. My go to colors are anything natural. In the bays I really like bay smelt, sexy smelt, Pacific chovie, or keylime. They have worked for me many times and I have faith in their ability to catch fish. Other colors that have worked for me in the past are orange, chartreuse and fire Tiger. Orange I like because Bay fish have keyed in on exposed ghost shrimp and it really seems to get their attention.

Hope this helps

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote