View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

Upgrade idea. Good or bad?

So I bought my revolution 13' from oex in 2012 . I've fished la jolla, Dana, both bays. I'm highly considering selling my revolution at this point. I love that it's fast. And I can't believe I went a year of fishing without the turbo fins. Those things make this boat a rocket. , I've surf launched plenty of times in la jolla. For the most part I try to pick small days. But there has been a couple times when I've been pretty intimidated coming back in. The only time I've actually flipped this thing was because of the Sum Fun in Dana point cruisin past me at 30 chasing dolphin. He was no more than 30 yards away. I really wanted to key that boat when I got in, but refrained. I basically have my revolution sold to my friend if I want to, but I'm not sure if upgrading to a new outback will change much. Has anyone owned both and preferred the outback due to getting swamped by the waves/wakes. I know I would enjoy the lowrance ready hull, and I'm not sure I should get a PA 14. Those things just look heavy. I am 25yrs old and not getting any smaller. I'm 6'3" 220 and still growing horizontally. Not to mention I just had hernia repair surgery last Tuesday. Input would really be appreciated. While waiting a couple more weeks to heal and get back on the water, I'll take your advice , think it over and have time to make a decision. Thanks guys.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote