View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #17
GregAndrew

I have to respectfully disagree. If people are taking the proper precautions, the worst that is likely to happen is that they get wet. If they have all the gear that they want to keep leashed or stowed, they have little financial risk. And if they keep their eyes, and more importantly their ears, focused on their immediate environment they will almost always know when Sealions are nearby. Then just have the gameclip accessible and set up to be easily brought to the deck. Definitely err to the side of caution when ever you see a Sealion swimming in your direction. And, by all means, let others know when you see one going in their direction. But for me, the benefits of keeping my fish in the water outweigh the added risk I might be taking. However, if someone is not familiar with remounting their yak, doesn't like or believe in leashes, doesn't hear very well etc. then it might not be an acceptable risk for them. I have several friends that have lost gameclipped fish to Sealions, about half of which flipped. Most of them still keep their fish in the water, but are much more attentive and quicker to react when they hear or see Dogs in their area.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote