View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #29
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaab View Post
"Best" can have soooooo many definitions that a list like this will always be contentious. Just as one glaring example, your question seems to assume that all kayak fishing is SoCal ocean fishing. That's hardly true. It may be all that YOU do, but for folks in the other 99.44% of the country, it is not.

Another example: I've only owned one kayak, so by definition it is the "best" one ever - for me. It's a ProAngler 14.

Finally, one of my pet peeves: The word is "pedal" not peddle (which means to sell door-to-door.) You only peddle a kayak if you schlep them around selling them.
You're taking terms out of context, "seaworthy." The word itself is defined as being capable to sail the sea. If something is capable of performing in the ocean than use in any freshwater lake is automatically deemed as safe and within the capabilities of the vessel. We don't ask which kayaks are the best for freshwater because on the chance we want to expand our fisheries than that vessel may not perform safely in an ocean setting. I don't know about you but when I buy something I look for something that may be more than what I want in the chance I will need it. Plus I want to add the fact that the majority of talk on here is saltwater fishing, seemed like the thread appeals to the masses of saltwater fisherman. Not trying to pick a fight, just explaining my approach if I offended any freshwater purists.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote