View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
X FACTOR by far the best for surf launching and stability on the water. My X13 is a little easier to paddle and goes a little faster. But when your weight is on the + side of 220lbs the top heavier center of gravity makes it so any quick move to reach for another pole in the back or get something out of the crate in the back of the kayak it rocks a lot more and you have to be a little more carefull not to lean if you don't want to get wet. There is only about a 6 lb difference in weight between the 2. In either case that is like a 45% less weigh with 65% more weight carying capacity than a Hobie. As far as PA's go if I wanted to haul around that much weight and needed a little more deck space, than I would just buy a center console skiff. the X FACTOR is still the best because of all the Hatches and storage room. If I was shopping for a new Kayak the X FACTOR would still be my choice.
it's kinda hard to make that claim without owning several other brands and models to refrence from. From my experience from owning an xfactor, I can say that in all honesty, that it would not be my first choice in kayaks. But that's my opinion and I'd be the only person that that matters to. I've owed cobras, ocean kayak, hobie, feel free, malibu...... In my personal opinion all of them had there individual merits. Not one of them was the end all be all and all of them had their draw backs. It's all personal preference. It's a bit of a feudal discussion because there are so many personal tastes, fishing styles, etc. that it would be impossible to give any one kayak the title of "best".

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote