View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #13
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Thanks guys. Support really helps.

The thing I just can't see how it's possible is flipping a kayak back in the conditions I was in alone. The swells seemed like it would be almost impossible. I watched the video posted of a pro angler flipping on other thread and I get back on in those conditions. But no way in what I was in.

I made a list of things to keep ON my vest including a radio, whistle and knife. Also will be strapping my mirage drive in just in case. Looking into a better way to pump water out if I'm in the water either manual pump or build in pump. Again with hill full of water there is NO way I could of stayed on the kayak and pump without flipping in a second.

Will be getting out soon but this time wiser, more prepared and with a greater respect for my surroundings.
list of things I keep in/on my vest:
diving knife
Rescue whistle
Signal mirror
vhf
Extra hooks/line/sinkers

I know it sounds like over kill for fishing inshore but I've considered the situation where all equipment is lost except for what is on/in your pfd.

Also it a good idea to make sure your hand pump either floats or has a foam float attached and fixed somewhere on the exterior of your kayak. If your kayak is flipped, half full of water and you are struggling to right it, a pump that is mounted inside your yak won't be of much use.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote