View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #11
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
Thanks, easyday. That's really something to chew on, especially since I have a bad shoulder. In the past, "harder to paddle" would've translated to "better workout" for me but now with this shoulder, it might mean "less time on the water!"

Hmm... I am making another trip to OEX soon and will give the T140 some more thought.

Couple things:

- Do you really need a rudder with this yak to help with tracking/drifts or would that be more of a luxury?

- How's standing up in this yak? I'm not sure the area by your feet is configured in the best way for this.
Absolutely come try them.

Rudders are a luxury, the Wildy boats perform GREAT without but all kayaks perform better with. Not to mention the increased control while drifting. Every yak I own has a rudder, I love them.

A lot of poeple stand on the 140, I am not one of them. The boat is definitely not meant as a stand up fishing boat, it is a performance based boat. It offers plenty of stability but not the stupid amounts that you find in those stand up boats like the Ride. The real question is how much will you really stand? Even on a Ride I stand rarely. In the Commander I stand more than anything but even still it is just for the occasional flip or pitch to cover in freshwater.

Have you considered the Ride 135? It may be the bets of both worlds for you and with the new AirPro Max seat coming out in October this boat is going to be hard to beat in its class.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote