View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Thank You BigGameJames

I just wanted to give a public thank you to my new Redondo Beach buddy, Big Game James. A little over a month ago the Baytubers held a tournament at Redondo beach and the results were very impressive. So much so that I have been making the trek up there once a week to fish the area. On my first trip I met James at the hand launch and he was a wealth of knowledge about the area. After I had my Yak all loaded up and equipment stowed, James came running to the parking lot with my paddle that I had left at the launch.
Fast forward a couple weeks and I went up there again, and again I left my paddle on the dock. This time I did not realize it and James was not at the launch when I landed. He did land a few minutes later just in time to see an SUP guy walking off with my paddle. He stops him and says "that the paddle belongs to a friend and give it to me". Now with my paddle in hand he goes through the process of trying to locate me by searching my previous posts and finding a phone number that was unfortunately out of service. He finally contacted the Iceman who pointed gave him directions to PM me. So last Wednesday I got a PM from BigGameJames asking me if I had left my paddle at the launch. Mind you, I still did not realize that I had done it. A quick check behind my truck seat and sure enough; no paddle. I hooked up with him today to get my wayward paddle.

Thanks so much for watching out for me James. You Da Man!

The Rossman
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote