View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
momo fish

If the surf is low as it has been recently then county line is the way to go if you are patient and time it right. Problem with county is the breaks are not consistent and they will break at 30 feet and then at 5 feet. And when they break, they break fast and strong and can knock you back and over quick.

That being said, it's doable in your kayak as it will barrel through the waves as long as your pointing straight and paddling through the waves. It's shorter walk and if you intent on only fishing county line then this is your place.

That being said it's best you stick to Leo. The stairs are a bitch but the surfers are all cool guys and you can ask anyone to help you carry your kayak up or down. I have done this in the past and always had help with my old stealth. I do like Jorge's idea (duh moment for not thinking about that since I'm there often and use the restroom right there).

Coming in there is a spot that is sandy which you can land or launch and still close to the stairs. You will see an exposed rock south of the stairs. A few feet north of that rock is all sand and perfect for landings.

If I'm there this weekend I can help you launch out from either county or Leo depending on conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
I'm thinking about hitting the county line this weekend. Last time I done it I launched at Leo Carrillo, Coming back with all the rocks in the way was not fun in low tide. Also the big thing is getting the stealth 14 down the stairs and then back up after a long day on the water is just a killer.
I were thinking it might be easier to launch across the street from the Neptun net.
Anyone done it before??? an Advice would be great.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote