View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #38
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
I have an 2013 Outback now and these improvements together might get me to consider a new one:

1. More scuppers that hold wheel cart and livewell simultaneously.
2. Lowrance Ready
3. Vantage Seat

I'm almost thinking pro-angler but I do a lot of surf launch/landing and am comfortable with the outback's handling there.

I was also thinking to upgrade from my current Outback, just for the scupper transducer (Andy installed a wet mount but not too happy with performance. Water temp important fishing LMB & Stripers).
Didn't want to go with a Pro Angler due to the restrictions on Kayak Charters.
I wanted to wait to see if they upgraded the center hatch to a rectangular one like the Pro Angler's. Didn't think they'd be able to upgrade to a better seat until 2016-2017.
Can't wait to see how the Turbo Fins work with the ball bearings. Looks like I'll have to airbrush my Turbos "Blue". I wonder...does that mean I can rename them "Turbo BlueFins"?
I really like what they've done and I'm 99% sure I'll be ordering one from Andy as soon as they're available . (I guess I'll just have to have Andy install a rectangular hatch.)
Can't wait for them to be available.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote