Thread: Tuna???
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #15
outdoorzen

I went out on the Daily Double on Labor day and couldn't have been more disappointed. The boat had a hard timefinding the fish. All the other boats out that day had 100+ counts, we had like 15 YFT, 4 DODs and some rat yellows.Thank god for the one kelp paddy we found or the entire trip would have been a bust. I had to play deckhand to my family since the deckhands were more concerned about waiting for color on anglers already hooked up ( i think you should wait until they call for gaff). Anyways, I did gt to help a young boy get the birdnest out of his rental rod and hook and hand what turned out to be a nice Dodo! That was sweet! I used 65# PP with 30# fluro and a ringed 2/0 on an Avet SX and boated a nice YFT. My wife did hook a 10ft hammerhead righ next to the boat, though I don't think he knew he was hooked. The deck hands just butchered the one fish I did get. I wish I had spent my $160 3/4 money on another boat as I can't afford more than a couple trips a year with those prices. Still happy for the one fish though, It was nice to pull on a tuna after going years without.
outdoorzen is offline   Reply With Quote