Thread: October in LA?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 04:41 AM   #15
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
About October every year I am usually cycling my reels through my tackle shop for maintenance. But apparently October is the new June?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kek-...TfRzuhN29fmvRw
Greg, as usual great job on the video.
Don't worry though...if this truly turns out to be an El Niño winter it could be unusually wetter than normal . So you should have plenty of time to service your gear. Fill your freezer while you can because next spring could be a long way away!
If I didn't have these back issues I'd be out there exploring everything from "the Deep Hole", to Playa and the rest of the South Bay Beaches (my fave for Butt's), to "the submarine", "car wreck", inside of "rocky point", "the boilers" around the corner, down to Huntington Beach, and down to LJ.
Heck if I had had and recovered from surgery, I would have been out there Thursday a ways outside the Kelp looking for that school of bluefin that the Daily Double had run into on Wednesday!
btw: Just be glad you don't also have Fly Gear to service and Flies to tie for fresh and saltwater also!!!
I also plan/have to upgrade ALL my rods to SIC GUIDES (and build a specialized 40# kayak ALL Rollers trolling outfit) as at least 2 or more of the original Perfection guides I wrapped my rods with are showing damage from using braid!
Fortunately my long range arsenal are already equipped with SIC GUIDES or Rollers (but I wouldn't be caught dead using these for a Kayak trip!)
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote