View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

I vote La Jolla.

If the boat only has a single-digit of free spots, that means you will spend a lot of time dealing with crossed lines and other people on the boat. Your actual time with "lines in the water" will not be what you expect.

Some friends and I once took a full-day trip out to Catalina, and our time with "lines in the water" was only a few hours because we spent a lot of time getting over there, moving around to find the fish, then moving again to follow the fish, then a lot of time coming back. We got some fish, but I will probably never do that again unless the ticket price comes waaay down. Such a waste of money IMO.

Just think of how much gear/bait your ticket could buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbb View Post
The San Diego has 8 openings for tomorrow, and both San Diego and Mahilini have open spots on Sunday.

But my stubbornness is kicking in. I'm leaning toward bringing the yak out to LJ.

Ful-Rac, thanks for your encouragement. My post was only partly asking advice about whether to sign on to a 3/4 day. It was ALSO meant as an effort to find someone to fish with that I might learn something from.

SO, who wants to fish LJ tomorrow?
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote