View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #19
steveoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racksticker View Post
Lipripper / Robfish - This is really good additional info.

I've dissected the Avet chart on Tackle Direct and changed my reel selection from two Avet 2-speed w/ MC reels, (SX & MX), to the single-speed SXJ & MXJ w/ no MC models. This saves me quite a bit of cash ;-)

Initially I was trying to accomplish the goal of using these Avet's for both Kayak fishing and boat fishing. I looked again at all my rod & reel inventory at home. I decided I have enough single and 2-speed reels with heavier rods for boat trips, so I can use these 2 new Avets and Seeker Pinheads primarily for my kayak.

Over the years, I try to pass along money saving / hunting tips to the newbies to duck & deer hunting. Now being a newbie to kayak fishing, it's great having all you *salty-dudes* pass your years of knowledge down the Sewer.....Pipe ;-) (Still trying to figure out what is behind the Team Sewer thing, cracks me up)

Thanks much!!!!!!
Charkbait.com has the same price as Tackledirect, but charkbait has specials with free 300yds braid or mono...FYI save a few pennies on line...I think they offer other options if you don't need line...
steveoh is offline   Reply With Quote