View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #36
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottomFeederPeter View Post
I appreciate your concern for sure. Is the danger due to swell?

Everything on my boat stashes or lashes. I swim just about every time I fish so no worries with re-entry. That and I surf so I'm no stranger to navigating waves (and taking a few on the head every now and again).

I fish Newport and Long Beach mostly and have been wanting to explore north of PV. I am certainly lacking experience in that sense. What would your suggestion be for no hassle launching in the area?

Thanks!

The surf can be really really big at county, when its big and your out there...your gonna be sorry you were ever born. So if your hell bent on getting out there pick your day wisely and come back in as soon as the weather/swell starts to look bad..otherwise you might pay the price. Leo Carrillo is an easier launch but is covered in rocks and boulders.... so if you crash there...you'll be sorry, in more ways than one.

You have to have some sort of launch and landing experience before you go otherwise a mistake can cost you, and even if you have experience you can still crash and get fucked up.

be careful