Thread: Fish Report?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
martuka
Junior

MY LJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
You know the best fishing report is the first-hand fishing report. One should get out on the water and see what's out there instead of seeing a second-hand report telling when & where the fish are. Getting out on a kayak and catching a few fish then proclaiming "look at the fish I caught! And it wasn't even hard work." I'm from the old school, I believe one should find the fish, then catch them. This to me is most rewarding and satisfying. Yesterday, I spent 8.5 hrs. on the water searching for fish and what I did see and find was very hard work. Thus, I would not give out my hard earned information to the public.
Dorado 50 you live in lj right, so the most popular fishing grounds and no doubt the best fishing grounds for yak fishing in socal is right in your own backyard" well theres a lot of fisherman that don't live near those great fishing grounds" infact i myself live in redlands which is about a 200 hundred mile roundtrip! so we look on these sites for reports to help us determan if it's going to be worth the trip, me myself think wether a good report or not somebodys got to make it so just go anyway but you do that 2 or 3 times and every time the bite was off you get alittle frustrated not to mention $$$ on gas, i envy all you guys that live in lj or even close by for the great fishing, i can only imagin how nice it would be to be able to launch my yak before work "and catch a yt or wsb "how great"!
But for the most part the guys and gals that watch these sites are looking for fishing reports and cool stories,help,hints,rigging tips ect. and most people on these sites are very informative & cool about sharing there advise, wether it's good or bad it's there outlook,opinion or there own experiance.and theres no reason to be rude or cruel or unhelpful to some one because they just want to know how the fishing is or what the hot ticket is for a certain species of fish.
And all you guys that live down there that are avid fisherman have it good and have an advantage compaired to fisherman that don't live in the area and dont have alot of time to get down there.So you might catch more fish and more big fish but it does'nt exactly make you a better fisherman, im sure you'll outfish some guys that don't know the grounds but it's all about time on the water.