View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceviche eater View Post
will the dragonfly transducer fit in the lowrance transducer spot on a factor?

Yes - sort of. The transducer area is for Lowrance but I've mounted a dragonfly there. You need to modify a Lowrance bracket or make your own to mount it. Once mounted it sits a little low... not low enough to scrape bottom or anything, but low enough that it may catch kelp. I mounted a "fairing" in front of the transducer to prevent hanging up on kelp, so far it has worked flawlessly.

I've considered cutting off a portion of the transducer mounting arm to fit it completely up flush to the kayak with the cable running through a scupper hole, which would work, but decided against cutting my expensive new toy and I also wanted to retain the mount adjustability so that I can keep the transducer parallel to water level.

You might want to consider mounting it on an arm over the side, or mount it to your rudder if you have one, or even use the molded in rudder mount as an attachment point for a custom transducer bracket. Personally I feel like the transducer mounted closer to center and not behind the boat is better for shallow water fishing and besides, mounted off the back would be prone to damage.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote