Thread: reel choice
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
pray4BIGfish
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
I have some rods and reels from Big 5 that have outlasted my other high end gear. I have a rod I paid 40 bucks for that has caught it's fair share of decent fish. It helps that my wife works there so she can check every stores inventory and just get me the stuff I want, no they don't have what your high end tackle stores do but saying that they suck is a pretty bold statement......I have a sealine that I bought 2 years ago and it has seen some Nasty abuse with no services. Now I use it just to see how long it's going to last. I want to say the sealine reels are like the glocks of fishing reels.
i can understand you defending where your wife works, but you should especially know then that they barely carry any DECENT variety of good fishing gear.. i own a few Sealines myself and yes they're great reels but they literally have a handful of good reels.. defend them if you want but facts are facts. You want more than a few choices? search elsewhere or be confined to choosing from a limited selection.. but hey some ppl like to have their options limited, I'm not one of them
pray4BIGfish is offline   Reply With Quote