View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #12
Lipripper92592

Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Does your motor rattle? The last issue that I had with my bait tank battery going dead sooner than expected was actually because of a bad pump motor/impeller.

Originally, I thought my issue was with the battery so I bought a new 6volt battery on Ebay, gave it a full charge, rigged my bait tank to a bucket of water and let it run, the battery died in under 5hours. After trying it another two times I figured that I was sent a bad/old battery so picked up a second one from OEX, charged it, tested it, 5hrs later..............same thing happened.

Could I have picked up two bad batteries?

I don't recall who it was that told me (I believe it was Tony) but he mentioned that he had a similar problem. He had asked if my motor was making any noise, I said YES, he said REPLACE IT, I did, that fixed my problem. Its hard to imagine that a bad impeller motor could cause this problem but it can and it will. I'm not saying that's your problem but its something to consider.

I replaced the motor back in 2013, the two batteries that I bought and motor have been running flawlessly since I replaced the motor.
I found the replacement cartridge at Walmart for $12, just about to head down and pick one up. Thanks so much for the information.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote