View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
tomahawk

After being out of town for most of late December and early January, I finally got some of the flex coat ultra V and put it on this morning. I tried the heat gun for the first and last time (over heated and dripped on one guide, PIA to fix).
I have a question about minimum time between coats. I have always used 24 hours but would like to work faster this time.
I as a side note, to anyone who weaves patterns, I was unhappy about how long it took me to make my pattern instructions and the potential for errors due to the manual inputs.So, I wrote an excel macro that will make the instruction set for me. I set it up to handle a single color, 100 thread x 150 turn pattern. They way i set it up, i find a picture to weave, in excel make the cells squares, paste picture in excel and size it to cover the correct number of cells, make the color in the picture transparent, then fill the cells that are part of the weave, run the macro and the instructions pop out. Seems like a lot but only takes an hour or so and the chance of making a typo or skipping something is zero. What you see in excel is what you get. I can post the VBA and pictures if anyone is interested.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote