View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Newport, 2-13-15

Landwhale and I launched at 6:15 to clear skies, light wind and a bit of a chill in the air. Tide was coming in and the water was 63º and slightly dirty. Wind was off and on all day, coming from a different direction almost every time it picked.

We started off right outside the launch and in the 1st 1/2hr I had a legal sandy and 2 shorts. Once the sun came up that bite died. I moved over to the docks on the peninsula, but there was way too much loose grass. So, I moved again to hit some moored boats. Picked away at the bass the rest of the morning, until about 10:30 when the water stopped moving. From then until 11:30 when we got off the water I had 3 bites.

The rule of the day was short bites. Even moving down to 3" Flurries and 4" Paddlerz still had them short biting. You just had to swing on any bite and hope the fish hung on. But, at least they were biting, unlike last week.

Best producers were the 3" Flurry in Red Fish and Bait Ball. New Penny and Smokey Shad 4" Paddlerz also got a couple. Hot Sauce for flavor of course. Finished the day with 12 bass, Steve got about the same.

Hopefully next week we'll be at the Pipe.