View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #51
GregAndrew

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see where the OP said that he fed the Sea Lion. For all you critics know, that Sea Lion could have brought that Mack with him and is just tired of getting salt water all over his food. Don't get me wrong, soup can be good, but not every meal!

On a serious note, read my lips, not every Sea Lion is going to grow up to be a 300# Knothead that can only catch hooked bait. I have plenty of video of them passing on my bait. I even have video of a couple different groups of them communicating as one approached my bait, only to have it veer off.

Sea Lions, like Sharks, are part of the price of doing business. How much of a price, can be entirely up to you. If you leave your bait in the water as they swim up, they are likely to hang around a while. If you pull it in, they will search your area and be gone in about 5 minutes. If you fish in groups, you are more likely to have them visit, and it will take longer to get them to leave. If you toss your dead bait out when they are around, you encourage them to seek out kayaks. Seagulls are happy to get rid of your discards, and the next one will be by in 5 minutes or so.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote