View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #15
5-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
I just went from a 14' X-Factor to a new 2014 Hobie Pro Angler, 14' purchased from Fastlane Kayak's here in San Diego. I considered a PA 12', but glad I bought the 14'.

I used the 14' PA for the 1st time on Saturday in Mission Bay and it was great. Very easy to load/unload and an extremely comfortable ride in the Vantage Seat. Standing and stretching a bit is really nice and makes it so you can fish a lot longer.

I had also looked at used 12' and 14' Hobie PA's off Craigslist, all were 2012 or older, with the old model seat, priced around $2200 and were pretty *worked*. Even buying an older one at that price range, then upgrading to the Vantage seat will just about put you at the 2014 price.

For only a few hundred bucks more, I purchased a brand new 2014 model 6 weeks ago, with the 2 year hull warranty. They also offer a 0% 6 month financing plan if you need it. No brainer in my opinion ;-) Have fun!

That is some good info. Appreciate it. That's really the way to go, I think. Instead of trying to save a little bit of money on a PA12 and having all of those little things nag at me over time, just get the 14 for a little more money, have a rig I can be really happy with for several years and be done with it.
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote