View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Fred Hall show report

First I really want to thank everyone that has been helping in my booth the past two days and those that are helping for the rest of the show. It means a lot to me that you would take the time to do this.

So far the show has been great, slow but great. The nice thing about Del Mar is that you do have more time to talk with each person who stops by. A lot of you have stopped by with congratulations on our new endeavour and that also means a lot to me. Thank you all very much. To see what I am talking about you can visit my new site www.EastCapeKayakFishing.com

The seminars have been lightly attended, I think I had nine people there yesterday. This is likely due to my early time slot and the low attendance of the show. On the positive side it does give me more time to answer each persons questions and take the seminar in many directions depending on the questions.

The Pool demos have been a total bust at this point. It was not until late yesterday that they even had a way for us to get into the pool. The flow of the show does not really go past the pool area so most don't even know it is there, and with no PA system it is impossible to get the attention of people passing in the distance. Will see how it goes today.

I have not really done much in the way of walking the show, so I would love to hear if anyone has found any great deals or new products.
There is a a booth just down from me that is selling rods for $5.00 and others at really low prices. Certainly not top quality stuff, but at that price as backup rods or for the kids it is a great deal. A few of the real light ones will make good bay bass rods.
One aisle over from me there is a guy who is selling prints and T-shirts 3 shirts for $30.00 the art work is great and I will be picking up some of the shirts today. He has great ones of Dorado, Roosters, Yellowtail and more. Sorry I don't remember the name, but the guy working the booth is the artist and he is based in Cabo. We spent some time yesterday evening swapping stories about Baja fishing. He has a tackle shop and is a guide down there, so very informative guy and great artist.

The OEX booth is huge and really a nice set up. They once again have all the kayaks plus those beautiful spear guns on display. Anyone that purchases an Ocean Kayak from them will also get a free surf and paddle skills class with me. Great deals on the new Trident.

I look forward to seeing more of you at the show over the weekend.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote