View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #18
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

Thanks grey zone. I appreciate that!

Cell128...Big flasher? You can see that its by a fraction of an inch, one of my smaller flashers in my lineup. It's my go to color of late. My other favorite is the top one. Traditional Les Davis (or is it Luhr Jensen?) 8" dodger. The large "Swarm" Flasher is typically run just off my down rigger ball. I can't say its upped my catch rate though I know charter captains that swear by them. Still in testing phase.

I will say that from years of watching fish react under the ice to my "dodger and jig" set up ( http://guidesak.blogspot.com/2014/01...e-fishing.html) I think that not only does it attract the fish, but once it gets near the jig, the fish thinks the dodger is a competing fish and will more aggressively attack the jig. I know a lot of folks that fish without one. But I do think its worth the extra drag. In this case, I believe more drag can be a good thing. More drag the flasher has I think it generally means the more water the flasher is moving. This translates into more vibrations being transmitted. So I don't shy away from heavy drag flashers...except that I am generally lazy. Argh...sorry about my flasher thesis...lol.

It probably doesn't even mater. But for me at least, its a huge part of the fun of fishing...the quest for the perfect set up. Crazy because if there is one thing my 4 decades of fishing has taught me, it is that there is likely no such thing. Haha.

Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote