View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #46
Lipripper92592

Alright, one more time! Maybe/surely I was naïve in expecting a conversation/debate on the NOAA proposal. I have no FB or twitter, or any other of those social media accounts, so I was unaware of that fact that you cannot debate on the old interweb. I assumed that a few people could participate in a debate on issues that the public might have varying opinions on.
My coworker, who I carpool with over an hour a day; have very different opinions than I. I have a rather conservative background, he a rather liberal background, but our conversations/debates are very fruitful. His points of views are generally ones I would never even think or very much consider. But his information is valuable, because it helps me understand the thought process and understanding the process, sometimes gives us a better picture of the outcome. Because a person has a different opinion on the volume of fish caught, does that make him any less of a person? Not in my book.
If he thinks the climate is warming up "1000" times faster than any time in the past. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I won't think less of you.

Won't I don't understand, and this is 100% honest, is why people would attempt to shut this conversation down by smearing an author, or comparing statements/facts being well supported or not to hyperbole.
I had always wondered why politician did not argue "facts"....now I know why. The general public wants entertainment not education.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote