View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #75
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
So do nothing? What are you proposing? Or are you part of the "not in my lifetime" camp? No one is stopping you from catching as much bluefin as you want, you just have to release them after you get two. Is that really such a huge sacrifice for you? If you kept more than two decent sized BF, I'd bet $100 it would just sit in your freezer for six months and be catfood grade by the time you got around to eating it anyway!

Look I'm not trying to make enemies or piss people off. I just don't get why a bunch redneck kayak fishermen (myself included here) think they know more than scientists who have devoted their entire lives to understanding marine ecology and climate. The folks at fisheries aren't eco-nazis... Many of them are avid anglers themselves. Just recently I had dinner with a former director of fisheries. This person was so excited and stoked to see pictures and hear stories of fish that I had caught. They love the ocean and want to make it accessible to all of us, especially our future generations. Who do you think will be able to limit the evil commercial fisherman anyway? A bunch of disgruntled kayakers?
Scientists can't catch fish... but they love to hear about other people catching though

And that Greg Andrew guy sure can be a total jerk. He always seems to get in the way and make obnoxious comments

Last edited by dos ballenas; 04-28-2015 at 02:42 PM.
dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote