View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #9
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
1) The problem of your battery dying and the tank draining immediately and the remaining bait dying off.

You could have made it easier on yourself and just installed a check valve

2) When the tank is draining, all the scales and debris get sucked back down into the pump. The last couple times I took my pump apart to clean it was completely filled with scales.

What are you using for bait that would cause the pump to fill with scales? If you bait is losing its scales chances are you're putting way to much bait in your tank and they're literally beating each other up. I try to keep no more than handful in my tank, if I start to run low I'll make additional bait as I fish

Now to stop the scales and debris from coming back into the pump I tied one of the washing machine lint trap screens onto the end of the flex hose.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You installed the hose to keep the scales from flushing back into the pump and to keep the water from draining out. If you're going to pull the hose out of the tank you shouldn't have to worry about scales getting back into the pump because the hose is no longer in the tank.....right?

Also, whatever debris makes it past the pump will now get caught in the mesh, 1 piece, 2pieces, 6 pieces and before you know it the mesh it cluttered with crap. How are you going to get the debris out? Are you going to flush it back into the pump? Isn't that what you're trying to avoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPelican View Post
Not tryin to be a troll, but what do you if you suck up a bunch of scum, plastic bag bits, eel grass etc?

Maybe he's carry one of these to help him when that happens

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote