View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey zone View Post
Nice fish Rudy, I'll be up there at the end of next week and will be trying for rainbows. I hope 2016 I can get to the halibut fishing.
Next week? Like 22nd?
Where do you plan to rainbow fish? The Upper and Middle Kenai is going through their trout closures and the lakes are just starting to open up.

Keep in mind, I sponsor a kayak derby this year at the end of May. 30 & 31 to be exact. It'll be halibut only. Probably no better time than when a dozen or more folks are on the water. Cook Inlet always seems less intimidating with company.

I thought you said Sterling right? Maybe we can go check out Hidden Lake after it opens up. I want to try and add Lake trout to the list of fish caught from my kayak. They just aren't as good of eating as Kings or halibut. And yah, I am a meat fisherman first and foremost. I know too many people who enjoy fish, aren't as fortunate as I am to get out and fish, nor can they pay 25 bucks per pound for fillets of halibut or toll kings either. Hopefully thats not a problem with all the folks.
Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote