View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #13
grey zone

I will be arriving on the 22nd and staying through the 30th. I read somewhere that you were hosting a halibut tournament the last weekend of May. The first thing that I will be doing is looking for a truck to buy, I need a vehicle.

I'm going to fish the middle Kenai. I'm on the south shore between river mile 39-40 which is slightly before you get to Sterling from Anchorage. My subdivision is a mile past the end of Funny River Rd. and that puts me about 18 miles from Soldotna. I have access to the river through my subdivision so I thought I would put my waders on and walk/wade the shore while the water levels are low and try out some new flies. I picked up some sculpin patters, dolly lamas and some washed out flesh flies. I know the rainbows are spawning now and all the tributaries and a mile above the lower Kiley river is closed but the river is open to rainbow fishing where I'm at. I caught several rainbows last July in this area while fishing sockeye. I don't know my idea will work but its fun riding the quad down to the river and trying for a few hours.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote