Thread: YOU and BAJA
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #25
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Just rig and fish your yak. Launches and landings where I fish are usually at the beginners level. UNLESS the winds come up. We fish within a mile of the beach, most times within 200 yards of the rocks or beach. Most of the guys fish within 4-5 miles of camp. Tight lines. And welcome to Big Waters Edge, look into OEX, stop by their shops and ask questions on rigging your yak, they know what the are doing and might save you some time and mistakes. The are always ready to Rig YOUR yak the right way.
I've gone through all 30 pages of Share Your Innovations along with probably 20-30 pages on other forums. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do to it. I'm keeping it pretty simple so there is less of a headache when it comes to surf launching.

I am mostly going to be fishing in the Malibu area and there are rarely stellar conditions to launch. I am tethering everything and trying to keep the amount of gear to a bare minimum.

My third time out on a kayak I launched in 4-7 foot swells breaking 40-50 ft from shore. So I'd rather play it safe.

Worth the launch though been hooked ever since .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (157.2 KB, 69 views)
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote