View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
taggermike

I try to keep things as simple as possible. Some may say bare bones. There are things i must have on on every trip. Safety stuff; PFD, whistle, hand pump, cell phone/radio. Things I have to take to legally fish; license, net, measuring devise. Fishing stuff I need on every trip; pliers, line cutters, game clip gaff, seat. After that I pack just what I need for the fishing I have planned for that day. This means organized fishing gear, knowlede of the fishery, and many plano boxes. I can almost always Get by with 1 plano box and 1 bag of leader spools. I never take an anchor to LA Jolla. When I fish south bay I take the anchor but not a bait tank. I have nothing on my kayak that needs electricity, FF or bait pump, so that simplifies things. For summer LJ fishing i bring 5 surface irons, 3 small heavy irons, 2 plugs. 2 sibikis, 3 sinkers 1-3 oz, 2 fluoro leader spools, and maybe 12 hooks. Obviously im not calico or bottom fishing. Sure, I some times wish I had a different iron or larger plastic but not too often. Works for me and makes packing, setting up, n taking down faster n simpler. Make a few lists of what you take then whittle them to what you need. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote