View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
ironcross6921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy View Post
I like the GoPro videos of members catching fish, but look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGc...ature=youtu.be
20 min flight time and no way to install a replacement battery make it a no go for me. Since its water proof the factory decided to build it so you can not remove/access the battery (as stated in response to a customers question on their website) to put in a spare which means 1 flight then wait till your home to charge again (oh charge time is a approx. 120min). Second since its using a lithium ion battery (which as like your laptop degrades over time) what happens when it no longer holds a charge? Once again no replacement battery so you effectively have an expensive paper weight.....Yes I have looked into the Lily extensively (wanted to use it for when I took my truck out to rock crawl) but came across to many what ifs. How difficult would it have been to add a fully sealed battery compartment and sell spare batteries. And third no collision avoidance system i.e. low battery and lands on its own.....oh well kid should have been looking up, and hope mom and dad don't have their lawyer on speed dial and are understanding of your new toy.
ironcross6921 is offline   Reply With Quote