View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:13 AM   #35
HobieScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaboy1981 View Post
Thanks I'll keep that in mind next time. I was gonna keep em but wasn't sure on regulation size. Now i know. I had some kids help me take a pic of my catch and as I was loading my yak I was stopped by lifeguard telling me someone had reported me taking an undersize. He inspected my catch and tried to look up YellowFIN, after a little back and forth about my catch not being a tuna but member of the Jack family he told me I was ok to go after he looked up the correct species. Dude didn't even know his fish and was trying to enforce limit laws on me and someone didn't appreciate me taking a young one. Didn't bother me though I had perma grin at the point.

I use the Fish Alert app on my phone for the MLPA zones to show me where it's legal to fish. But one other nice feature is that it has the regulations for all CA fish. You can bring up the app, pull up YT and it will tell you the size and take limit for each fish. It would have helped you avoid wasting time with this guy while he looked up the regs since he clearly didn't know what he was doing.

If he is going to try to enforce limits he should know what the hell he is enforcing 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote