View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #20
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy View Post
Garden sprayers are a good start, but they come with a sprayer that is too light of a mist.

My solution is to cut the tube and adapt to a dish rinser nozzel with hose from Home Depot for under $10
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Fau...-202305850-_-N

This is how I adapted the smaller garden sprayer tube to the larger kitchen sink rinse nozzle tube:

I pressed a straight inline connector into the garden sprayer tube. A little WD40 or heat from a hair dryer will allow the barbs of the hose connector to slide easily into the plastic tubing of the garden sprayer. No clamps necessary. The end of the connector with male threads screws into the bottom of the kitchen sink hose. The inside diameter of both hoses is the same.

To prevent the thinner, stiffer garden sprayer tubing from kinking I split a scrap piece of engine hose to increase and strengthen the outside diameter of the garden sprayer tube, then covered the whole thing with a piece of electrical shrink wrap. It turned out good.

You can easily unscrew the kitchen sink nozzle hose at this point for stowing. Finger tight is good enough.

This photo is before the shrink wrap so you can see the joint:

If you want to use solar energy to warm the water, you can paint both water storage tanks black and set them in the sun. Rustoleum makes spray can paint designed to stick on plastic. Personally, I don't care about this extra step.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 08-01-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote